Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


As I'm writing this, a bombardment of fireworks are being set off in my neighborhood, and if they wake up my sleeping child, someone will pay! Oh how priorities change when you're a parent!

We spent part of our holiday, here.....

The River! My parents have a vacation house on the York River, and believe it or not, yesterday was LO's FIRST trip down there! She had a total blast! Our River House is in this great neighborhood, it's very Norman Rockwell-esque. The whole neighborhood is private, all the roads are gravel and all the houses are situated in a huge circle, so it's literally like running a lap around a track if you were to walk from house to house.

Basically, it's perfect for a parade! Everyone uses golf carts to get around (so much fun) and every year the neighborhood has a 4th of July parade, where everyone dresses up, and dresses up their golf cart. Sometimes there are more people in the "parade," than there are spectators, but it's always a lot of fun!



There's me below! I told you I was huge! 25 weeks pregnant with twins, literally I am the size I was a year ago when I was about to give birth to LO.....scary...I can only get bigger from here! sigh.


Here's LO "driving" our decked out golf cart with dad!



This is my mom, and LO, but really the picture is all about LO's dress! How cute??? It's hard to tell, but she had matching red, white, and blue shoes as well (although she only has one on in the picture)! It's all about the accessories :)


This is Olivia, who's grandparents have a house near ours, she happened to have the same dress as LO!!!! What are the odds? At least they're young enough, where it's actually cute, to show up to an event and have someone else wearing the exact same thing!




If you remember from my last post, my main goals for the holiday weekend were to eat lots of seafood and get a good family picture. Well lucky for you guys, I did NOT take a picture of me eating seafood (because really, who wants to see that)?? But rest assured, the seafood was delicious, and I ate plenty. Below, are our attempts at a family picture....


Sigh... I guess, there's always NEXT year!



Happy 4th Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie! Wow... your blog and life remind me so much of my own. I can recall being about 25 weeks pregnant two years ago with the twins and Charlotte had just turned two. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Juliette is beautiful. I love her name too!

    ReplyDelete