Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh, Brother

I got my sewing machine today!!!!!

It's a Brother CE-5500 ( If that means nothing to you, then you are EXACTLY like me)!!!

Yes, I've never sewed anything in my life!

Call me crazy, but I think it would be fun to learn how to sew cute little things like bags, and curtains and maybe outfits for the girls; although I am also well aware there is a pretty- good chance this machine will only collect dust!

Although I hope not!

I'm proud to say, I tinkered around with it last night, and eventhough it took me about 2 hours to just get the machine threaded (Hey, I'm a beginner here) I was able to do a few practice stitches, and I'm so excited I'm a sewing machine owner!

I'm a long way from making anything fabulous, but who knows, I may just shock myself!

Anyone else out there sew? Have any advice? Good Books, Patterns, or Websites?

Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping in to say hello! You commented on my blog awhile ago but Im so behind on comments because my kids and work keep me so busy! Your daughter is so precious- my little girl has that same dress, gotta love Carters :) Congrats on your twin pregnancy, its such a blessing to carry twins. If you ever have any questions, let me know! I was able to carry mine until 38 weeks and was then induced so it is possible to make it pretty far with twins. Thanks again for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! 38 weeks....WOW! That is amazing! It's always comforting to hear the "good" stories from moms who have been down the twin route! I may take you up on that "advice" offer, I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete