Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dear Laundry



Dear Laundry,

you truely are the bane of my existence!

I was so excited when we bought our spankin new LG washer/dryer! I mean, what girl doesn't love shiny new things....especially shiny, new appliances.

I knew you would revolutionize my life, with your capacity to hold extra large loads, and you even came with a "sanitize" option....perfect for any parent.

When we bought our new house, I was excited that our laundry room was on the 2nd floor! Hello? Ingenious Idea! The bedrooms are on the 2nd floor, we get dressed and un-dressed on the 2nd floor, of course it makes perfect sense for our laundry room to be on the 2nd floor. It's like one-stop shopping.

Unfortunately, my dear new and shiny appliances, you did not revolutionize my life.

You have taught me, it does not matter how many fancy buttons or options you may have or how shiny and pretty you are....laundry is still laundry, and laundry, sucks.

As for the revolutionary idea of a 2nd floor laundry room, that sucks too. It's a nice idea, in theory, however, when you're big and fat and pregnant, theory gets thrown out the window!

If laundry is the bane of my existence, then staircases are my arch-nemesis.

I have to limit how many times a day I go up the stairs, and preferably refrain from carrying my 30ish pounder toddler on my hip while I'm going up them....did I mention I was big, fat, and pregnant?

Therefore, running up the stairs when the wash is done, to switch the load to the dryer and re-load more dirty clothes in the washer, has turned in to a major task.

My routine, is wake up, get LO up, before going downstairs I throw clothes in the washing machine. Then me and the munchkin head downstairs for breakfast and playtime. A few hours later, we make our way upstairs for our morning nap ( yes, it has turned into our, not just her morning nap) where I transfer the clothes that have been "done" being washed for sometime, into the dryer. Of course I add the next load to the washer as well. When our nap is done, I throw the dry clothes on my bed to be folded later, switch the washed load to the dryer and add another load to the washer, then LO and I go back downstairs until afternoon nap....you get the idea.

Well, this routine, when it works, works okay. But throw in the days when LO refuses to take a nap, or we are not at home and have to run errands, and then the routine goes to shit.

I can't do laundry at night, because LO is such a light sleeper at night time that the spin-cycle wakes her up! In her defense, the spin-cycle is pretty intense on my high-tech appliances, it can get loud!

The worst, though, is when I forget about a wet load of clothes that has been sitting in the washer, only to find it, and have to re-wash it because the clothes now have that funky "I've-been- wet- in- the- washing- machine- for- too- long- smell". Gross.

And, I seriously never have a day, where laundry doesn't need to be done. Never.

So, laundry, I hate you...I really hate you.

Just thought you should know.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I can totally relate. Thanks for the laugh! Oh, and for letting me know where to find the pink retro kitchen!

    http://spontaneousday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete