Thursday, July 15, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

So, in my last post, I was writing about how I'm 27 weeks pregnant, and how lucky I am that I've made it this far.

Sure enough, the next day, I'm in the hospital.

Don't worry, everything is FINE.

I started to feel pressure in my chest and abdomen, and then I started to freak out because I hadn't felt the girls move all day long.

We went to my OB around 2:30 and luckily, he said the babies were perfect, and my cervix was still closed and long (apparently that's really good). However, he was concerned about the pressure I was feeling in my chest, and was worried I may have developed a blood clot.

He sent us to the ER, and after hours of blood work, urine samples, EKG's, and CT scans, I was cleared and told I was okay to go home.

Apparently, the girls are growing nicely, but they are putting lots of pressure on my diaphragm, making it hard to breathe at times, especially when I'm toting my 30 lb. toddler on my hip.

So, we had a little scare, but it showed us that I need to slow down. No more lifting LO, and doing strenuous activity. My husband had the day off yesterday, so he handled everything, and today, my mom was over helping me with LO.

It's insane, but even though I've been able to stay off my feet, and keep from heavy-duty lifting and work the past 2 days, I'm still EXHAUSTED.

I guess it just comes with the territory!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that everything is ok! I know what that feels like to realize you haven't felt your baby (in your case, babies) move for a while and then freak when you can't GET her (or them) to move. SCARY!!! Well, keep staying off your feet girlie. Hard to do, but sooooooo worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete