Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cousins

My sister-in-law, Emily (my husband's sister) was in town this weekend! She lives in Greensboro, NC and is ALSO pregnant :) She was in town for her "Richmond" Baby Shower, and we were so excited to get the babies (still in-utero) some snuggle-time, in!

This is her first pregnancy, so she is totally glowing! She's not finding out the sex (which drives me crazy) I'm DYING to know!!! Her due date is September 2nd, so the two of us literally may be popping at the same time!



Friday, we had her, her mother-in-law, and her mom (my mother-in-law) over for dinner. It was nice, and of course LO, loved having the opportunity to perform in front of an audience!

This is what I cooked...Baked Rigatoni...yummmmy!

Emily's shower really turned out cute...the food was fabulous ( unfortunately it's not pictured because I was busy stuffing my face). She got all kinds of good things, below is a picture of her bear-shaped cake...it's still wrapped up...but it was super cute, and super delicious!



I absolutely LOVED the centerpiece for the table. These are storage bins, that the hostess actually lined with fabric and decorated! The colors match the nursery colors, and of course there were presents inside each box as well! So creative!



This is the rocking chair for the baby! A local artist painted it, the theme is based on the Children's Book, "Guess How Much I love you"...It turned out so cute! The rocking chair has now become a tradition...



This is my LO's rocking chair, that was a baby shower present, it's painted by the same local artist!

LO's room theme is baby jungle animals, you can see all the different animals painted on the seat below!

We have 2 rocking chairs for each of the twins on the way now! I've been trying to think of a theme to tell the artist, but I've been having a really hard time. LO, had a jungle animal theme, as I've already said, but the twins room really doesn't have a theme. The colors are just purple, white, and green, and the bedding is going to be purple damask. I thought about finding a Children's Book like Emily did for the artist to go off of, but no luck.

So, I think I've got my heart set on the poem "Sugar and Spice," The Mother Goose version is lengthy, but I like this version I found online...

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice,
That's what Little Girls are made of
Sunshine and Rainbows, and Ribbons for Hairbows,
That's what Little Girls are made of
Tea parties, laces and baby doll faces
That's what Little Girls are made of.

I'm sure the artist can come up with a cute-creative way to tie this in to a mural for both chairs. Maybe making one chair more "sugary" and the other more "spicy"? Or even having the poem written out, half on once chair and the other half on the other? She's the artist, so I think I will just give her the poem, and let her know the nursery colors and see what she comes up with!!!

What do you guys think???





















1 comment:

  1. So cute! I hadn't ever heard the other four lines to "Sugar and Spice." I'm sure the artist will come up with something awesome. Those other two rocking chairs are amazing! "Guess How Much I Love You" is one of my most favorite books! Can't wait to see how the next two chairs turn out!

    ReplyDelete