Friday, July 9, 2010

Somewhat Obsessed

I have an obsession, one that tends to get out of hand when pregnancy becomes involved.

I noticed it when I was pregnant with LO, and now, it has really taken a mind of its own.

I'm obsessed with.....

LEMONS.

When I was pregnant with LO, I actually use to crave lemons. I would eat lemons everyday, it drove my family crazy because it literally used to make their faces pucker just being in the same room with me!

Sidenote:

Is it true drinking lemon and water helps you lose weight? A woman told me this, when I was talking about losing my baby weight after the twins are born, and she swore, it helped her lose weight. I think she's lying. Has anyone heard or done this???

Back to the post:

I've always loved lemons, I love their smell, it's addicting, I just can't get enough of it! I'm kind of weird when it comes to my cleaning rituals, and I love cleaning with lemons, and lemon-scented products...to me, lemon is synonomous with clean.

I love to freshen up my garbage disposal with ice cubes and lemon peels, and I've been known to bake lemons so that my house gets that lemony aroma....ahhh, love it!

Of course, now there are so many actual cleaning products that are lemon-scented....I mean, glad even makes lemon-scented trash bags...hello? I'm obviously NOT the only lemon freak out there!



Of course, clorox disinfecting wipes are a staple in any home! I probably go through a canister a week (no, I'm not kidding). I disinfect EVERYTHING in my house, numerous times a day, but I only buy...you guessed it, the lemon-scented ones! They just smell so freaking good. The fresh-scent ones are okay, the orange-scent is just plain gross. I actually get mad, because if you go to Costco, the jumbo pack comes with all three scents. Is it too much to ask for a jumbo pack with JUST the lemon-scented ones??? Are you reading this Clorox?
Pledge, really smells lemony! I dust with this stuff everyday, I also use it on my granite countertops in my kitchen to keep them shiny!
Pine Sol! This stuff is awesome, you can literally use it for anything! You can even add this stuff to your laundry, it's a virtual, anywhere stain-remover! They make all kinds of different scents now, including.....lemon! I use pine-sol everywhere in my house, from my hardwoods, to my toilet bowls :)
To my excitement, I recently discovered lemon yankee candles at our local Homegoods store! They are awesome! I bought all of the ones they had on the shelf....I light them at night, or right before company comes over, and it simply makes me happy! It's much better than when I bake lemons, because the smell is noticeable but not over-powering.
Also, at Homegoods, I found lemon-scented hand soap. I have it in my kitchen and downstairs powder room. I've never gotten so many questions about where I buy my hand soap before! Everyone loves it and wants it!
Dove, has jumped on the bandwagon with their new body wash. It's grapefruit and lemongrass scented. I think they should have just stuck with lemon...but I'm still going to give it a try.

I still don't have my lemon tree :( I wanted one when I was pregnant with LO, but couldn't fine one anywhere in Richmond...It's been too hot to plant anything this summer, so I guess my lemon-plant dreams will have to continue to wait.

How good does this look? It's not summer, without lemonade! So jump on the lemon bandwagon people! Lemons rock!



1 comment:

  1. Oh you are too funny! When I was pregnant with my first I LOVED the lemony-clean smell of our dish detergent. I seriously wanted to EAT it!! But, I didn't. :)

    http://spontaneousday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete