Wednesday, June 30, 2010

25 Weeks

The twins are weighing-in at 1 pound 13 oz. and 1 pound 8 oz.

We had our perinatal appointment today (High-Risk OB), he said they were doing great, which is EXACTLY what we needed to hear! However, I did have a reaction that I did not expect to have.

He told us that once I hit 32 weeks, he would want to see me every week, just to make sure the girls were growing okay and that one twin wasn't taking nutrients away from the other. No big deal.

Then he said, the part that really got to me.....

He said he'd see me every week starting at 32 weeks until 38 weeks.

I began to have a panic attack.

38 weeks does not sound like any crazy number when your pregnant and a normal gestation is 40 weeks, HOWEVER... I am pregnant with TWINS!

I am 25 weeks pregnant and am about as big as I was before giving birth to my first daughter, so 38 weeks, as in 13 more weeks to go, might as well be an eternity!

I actually cried in the elevator as we were leaving. Yeah...I'm THAT girl.

My husband tried to be nice and remind me that the Doctor wasn't saying that I would DEFINITELY be carrying the twins until 38 weeks, just that 38 weeks was as long as I could possibly go.

Still, it's the dead of summer, the heat is awful, I'm already too big to get any sleep at night, my heartburn and reflux has kicked in with a vengence and I'm pretty sure my belly-button is going to pop completely out this time around.

Just looking at how big I am now, I literally gave myself a migrain just thinking about how much bigger I could possible get if I carried these girls to 38 weeks.

Of course I've been praying this whole time that the girls will be born fat and healthy, and I know the longer they stay in, the greater that chance will be. However, even 35 weeks sounds light-years more appealing to me than 38 weeks!

I probably sound like a huge, pathetic wimp right now, but I can't help it. I'm exhausted. Pregnancy is draining enough, but carrying twins, truely is double the work, oh and did I mention I'm also busy chasing around a 14 month old all day long...I don't know how you did it, Kate Gosselin, but at least you got to be off your feet and on bed rest for most of it!

Don't get me wrong, I am beyond ecstatic to be having twins, and it is the most divine exhaustion I have ever felt, and I will do all that I have to do to make sure these girls are okay...but I'm still gonna find something to whine about...at least a little bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment