Friday, May 27, 2011

Can anything run smoothly?

Is it too much to ask for a day or two of peace and smooth-sailing?

The answer is yes, yes it is.

We are headed out to Nags Head, NC tomorrow morning for a family vacay ( I know, I am one brave woman).

Although I know it's not going to be much of a "vacation" with 3 kids 2 and under, I'm hopeful I will at least get to see the beach through the windows in our house :)

Anyways, I've been packing all week (and yes it takes all week to pack for a family of 5).

It's a process.

It would not be so bad if I weren't dealing with the unpredictable moods of teething twins, the "babysitter" for our dogs falling through (it's been worked out now), my incredibly depressing search for a bathing suit (I eventually found one at Macy's), a toddler who decided TODAY was the perfect day to start climbing out of her crib and wandering around the house when she woke up this morning (and when she woke up from her nap), and a husband who had to make an emergency room visit for a possible torn hernia, thanks to a blow from a softball during one of his weekly games (thankfully all turned out to be ok).

Whew.

But really, really?

What gives?

I'm either getting all the craziness out of the way before our vacation OR it's a preview of the madness that is to come.

I'm hoping it's the first part.

No comments:

Post a Comment