Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the great mama's out there!

We've had a big weekend! The Big Girls 2nd Birthday bash was Saturday ( I'll be posting on this later) and of course Mother's Day, today!

I'm so thankful for my mother, I don't know what I would do without her.

No, seriously....I know lots of people say that, but I really don't know what I would do without her!

Not only did the woman accomplish the amazing task of giving birth to me, but she raised me (and yes, I was a difficult one at times) loved me, clothed me, taught me, guided me, and when I had my own children was 100% there for me.

She spent 2 weeks at my house making dinners, doing my laundry, and cleaning when I brought the (now) Big Girl home from the hospital. With the arrival of the twins, she took a 3 month leave of absence from her job just to help me out! She did night-shifts, and grocery-runs, and if it weren't for her presence in my house, I know beyond any shadow of a doubt, I would have gone insane!

But that's not all folks! She ended up quitting her job, so that she could be available to me, and help me with my 3 kids under the age of 2!!!!

Now, I guess I get to say, 3 kids 2 and under :)

Anyways, she's ahhhhmazing!

I could come up with a million different words to describe her, but "mom" seems to encompass it all.

So, even though Mom's get their special day once a year, we really should be celebrating them everyday of the year, I know I can't celebrate my mom enough!

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mother of three, and although it wasn't much different from every other day- diapers still needed to be changed, babies rocked, temper-tantrums overted, it was still perfect..

and, gasp! Could I possibly have gotten a Mother's Day miracle? A picture with all 3 of my beautiful girls??

YES.

I must say, I think it's a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Love that pic. Look at all those presh little faces. I die. And it sounds like you def have a keeper of a mother. Truly awesome! But she loves it I'm sure. I mean, quit my job to help out with those cute-as-a-button faces? Yeah, no contest. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete