Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday!



As promised! The BIG birthday post!!!!

I've mentioned the Big Girl's obsession with Mickey Mouse before, well, we had a Mickey Mouse themed Birthday Party for our big 2 year old!




This was take before guests arrived, all the gifts were displayed on the fire place. You can get a glimpse of our new furniture as well :)


Goody Bags!!!! We have this divider between our kitchen and den...I hate it! But it worked out nicely for displaying the goody bags!


Aren't they cute? I got the Mickey mouse boxes from Party City, as well as all the favors. Each box had
Mickey Mouse bubbles,
Candy,
Mickey Mouse stickers,
Mickey Mouse blow outs
and Mickey Mouse bouncy balls!


The Dessert Table! Check out the red polka dot banner on the table. I made that! I made them for the table, the divider and my mantel. Trust me, you can do anything with a glue gun! I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby, as well as the red bias tape. I cut the triangle pattern out of the fabric and hot glued it to the bias tape...easy peasy!




The cake!

Gasps, are welcome! Isn't it AMAZING! I went back and forth about what I wanted to do for the cake, unfortunately our local grocery stores don't offer a Mickey Mouse sheet cake ( I guess because of copyright) so we went to a local bakery and got a custom cake! I was beyond blown away by their work, and I will definitely be using them again, and again, and again!

The Bakery was Jean Jacques, in Richmond, Va. Check them out if you are in town, I think they may even ship some of their delicious creations as well!




The table looked great! I am REALLY mad I didn't get a picture of the food table. We had it set up outside, and it was a "hot diggity dog" bar! If you have kids, and have ever watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, then you'll get the hot dog reference! We had hot dogs (of course) and all the fixings...chili, cheese, onions, slaw; we had potato salad, fruit and lots of sweets! It was delicious!


You can sort of see the invitation displayed on the dessert table. It's a Mouse silhouette with red and white background...super cute! I ordered it off etsy!

It was so easy, I ordered through this Etsy Shop She put all my information on the design and e-mailed me the proof. I then had it printed through Vistaprint.




We also had Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispy treats! You should have seen me making these the night before! Easy though, all you need are Rice Krispy's, marshmellows, and a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter!



Marshmellow pops! These were a HUGE hit! They were easy and fun to make! I got the sticks, and the candy melts at wal mart. You just melt the candy melts, put the marshmellow on the stick and dip the marshmellow in the melted candy, then put the sprinkles on top! I popped mine in the fridge and they were set in about 10 mins. To display them, I put a them in vases and scattered them around the house!

These things were seriously so good!





The Happy Birthday banner was from Party City as well!




The Birthday Girl!!! Yes, that is a Minnie inspired dress from Etsy! Where else!

I found this dress through Double Love Designs on Etsy! She makes lots of different styles of pillowcase dresses and....

She's a mommy of twins! Yay, she gets a double shout out for that!





Speaking of Twins...




They had lots of fun as well :)




Me and my Big Girl




She loved it when everyone sang "Happy Birthday"!







It was a great party and a great time! I can't believe how big she is now!
The next parties on the calendar....

Twins baptism in July (hopefully)
and Twins birthday in September..

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment