Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BEST diaper rash medicine

So, if you haven't been following me on Twitter (which you really should be, shame on you) then you probably don't know that Gabby got her first tooth last week!!!

Yup, she woke up Tuesday morning with a pearly white :)

I foolishly said out loud (my first mistake) "This is great! She hasn't even complained, maybe teething will run more smoothly with twins than it did with the Big Girl."

Famous last words.

Anyways, if you have kids, and if they have teeth, then you know all about it.

The fussiness has happened, and what I like to refer to as "teething poop" has hit our house.

Poor baby, her little butt is on fire!

This reminded me though, to share my super secret diaper rash medicine with all of you!

I first discovered this about a month after we had brought Annabelle home from the NICU. She got a really bad diaper rash and nothing I did was helping. So, I took her to the Pediatrician and he prescribed some antibiotic ointment, which did NOTHING.

Frantically, worried my daughter would have a raw butt for the rest of her life, I called the Dr. He said that if the antibiotics didn't clear it up then we should try some lotrimin.

Didn't work.

So, when all else fails I did what I always do...

GOOGLE.

That's where I stumbled upon a remedy that seemed a little weird to me. After talking to the Pharmacist at our local CVS, he assured me he had heard of this remedy and that it wouldn't hurt my baby if I used it.

So I gave it a try....

The super secret amazing diaper rash remedy is Mylanta (and Maalox works as well).

Like I said, weird, but after 48 hours her rash was gone!

Apparently it literally takes the acid out of the rash which helps it clear up faster. Once it started clearing up, I just kept putting vaseline on it and no problems since.

And now, with Gabby's "teething poop" it's working like a charm again!

Just thought I'd pass the super secret killer of diaper rashes on to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment