Sunday, May 22, 2011

Never too young...

So, with the Big Girl's birthday party behind us, it was time to start writing thank you cards for all the fabulous gifts she received.

I wanted to get her personalized stationery, because no one is too young to have their own stationery!

I have always had a love affair with stationery.

I'm not sure what sparked it, but seeing my name on a fabulously pink thank you card just makes me happy!

I also love the fact that you put a thank you note into an envelope and then proceed to put something that most children have never heard of.....a stamp!

I love technology, I'm not one of those people who refuse to write their term papers on a computer instead opting for a typewriter (and yes, those people do exist).

I'm a facebook/twitter junkie, and of course I love blogging. Don't even get me going on my obsessions with google and online shopping....I digress...

Anyways, I do feel something as simple as polite human interaction is lacking.

I'm guilty. There are times when I find myself just wanting to send a text message instead of actually 'talking' to someone on the phone, or days when I actually long for the pre-recorded press this number if you want... phone call rather than dealing with 12 different people on the line to get an answer to one question.

Guilty as charged.

However, being a History major in college, and being the dork that loved going to the archive department to sift through old correspondences or newspaper clipping, I'm here to tell you the written word is dying.

I wonder how hundreds of years from now, people will be able to study us? I guess from our tweets, and our blogs!

Anyways, I love Thank You cards, they are just simple, and for me, I think the art of handwriting one's gratitude is a lost one. So, yes, even my 2 year old gets her own personalized stationery so she..uhh I mean, I can write a thank you card for her. I let her scribble on it as well, it's her 'signature'...cute huh?

Anyways, I stumbled upon Amy Adele..

umm obsessed!

I ordered the Happy Daisy style, and when it arrived, it was so beautiful.

They also have twin style ones :)

They arrived much quicker than the expected 7-10 days, and they were displayed in the cutest white meshy type of tie bag. To top it off, Amy herself, sent me.....you guessed it, a thank you card for choosing her products!

Is that good business of what?

If you're looking for great stationery check her out, please, please, please, I know you will love her products as much as I do! And no, I'm not getting paid in any way shape or form for recommending her, or for any of the things I recommend on my blog :)

So, you can be sure when I recommend something it's because I really love it!

and I really love Amy Adele's Stationery!






No comments:

Post a Comment