Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Vacay

I'd love to report that our vacation was filled with easy-going beach vibes, relaxation, good summer reads, and easy-listening music...

BUT we were on vacation with 3 kids.
In all seriousness though, it was not as bad as I was expecting it to be. The kids did amazing on the 3 hour car trip down to the beach. The twins were so overwhelmed by the change of scenery and the amount of "new" people (a lot of my aunts and uncles were staying in the same house), that they were exhausted and literally slept like, well, babies, at night and during their naps!

I was actually able to lay out in the sun enough to come home burned...not to worry though, it's set- in to a nice looking tan by now :) We were actually able to get some beach time as well. I was worried the Big Girl was going to be a handful with all the "new-ness" around. But she was SO GOOD, she wanted to experience it all, so she was on her best behavior!



Her first reaction to seeing the beach, couldn't have been better.....


She was seriously screaming with excitement!

The pool was a hit also. Although my parents have a pool in their backyard and she got to experience it last summer, she was only a year old, and wasn't all that "in" to it.

I'm happy to report though, my daughter is definitely part fish :)




There were lots of "firsts" this trip, such as,

Me, feeling comfortable enough to be photographed in a swimsuit (never mind the child is hiding most of my body, accident? hmmm..)



Kisses on the beach...

Babies playing in plastic tubs (It's all about containment folks) did I mention, both babies figured out how to get on their knees and shuffle while at the beach?? I repeat, It's all about containment!



Finally, feeling brave enough to throw all 3 kids in the tub at the same time! Much more economical, and they all actually enjoy it!



Gabrielle's first adventure in the pool!


As, I said above, realizing my daughter is part-fish...


Annabelle's first time in the pool!



A trip to the lighthouse


And a family pictures...nothing better :)

Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment