Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pregnancy "Cravings"

Everyone Pregnant woman gets them...

When I was pregnant with Juliette I went through an INTENSE nesting period. I'm not a huge fan of cleaning, if I still have dishes in the sink when it's time for bed, I definitely won't lose sleep over it. However, when I was nesting, my house was NEVER so spotless. Baseboards, ceiling fans, cleaning behind the furniture...I've never been so thorough with anything in my life. My husband LOVED IT, but of course, my cleaning frenzy went right out the window the second I gave birth.

Anyways, I craved lemons throughout my pregnancy. I would actually buy lemons and eat them whole (you are probably making that sour face right now). I know, it's so weird, and I cringe when I think about it now, but I was obsessed (oddly enough, LO LOVES lemons...funny huh)? Well my hunger for lemons transcended into my cleaning. I cleaned everything I could think of with lemons. I'd use actual lemons in my kitchen to freshen up my garbage disposal, and I'd always have fresh lemons out, so that my kitchen would smell like lemons when you walked in. I got pretty obsessed with lemon-scented cleaning products as well. The clorox wipes, my dish detergent, I even went so far to get those odor blocker lemon-scented trashbags...yes, lemon-scented trashbags. It got so bad, I made my husband go all around town to find me a lemon tree that I could plant in our back yard! I even got lemon-scented plants (I bet you didn't know they had those...they do)!

Anyways, my lemon-loving days are over, although I still harbor a soft spot every time I see a beautiful lemon.

This pregnancy has been so different. The extreme sickness in the beginning was hands-down the worst experience ever, of course now we know why I was sick, twins. As far as cravings go, I don't really have much to report. I've been really in to cucumbers, and I was with LO during my first trimester as well. I have to have Ginger-Ale in the fridge at all times, and I went through a loaded baked potato phase for awhile. My cravings though, have not been for food, but for crafting.

I have about as much talent to do crafts as I do to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Gymnastics Team.

I'm not artistic, I can't draw a straight line, my handwriting leaves much to be desired, I can barely dress myself without clashing, but I have just been so obsessed with making crap during this pregnancy. So, I'm making my husband get me (hold your breath) a sewing machine.

My inner feminist just threw up.

What I really want is an embroidery machine, but since I've never even threaded a needle in my life, I figured I should get a sewing machine to even see if I can handle it before forking over the big bucks for an embroidery machine.

In my fantasy land, I'd love to sew some curtains for my still curtain-less kitchen, maybe some cute outfits for my girls, and headbands.

We'll see. My next post may just be that all I've accomplished is sewing my hand to a fabulous piece of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment