Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Any Suggestions???

So the fact that I am going to be a mother to 3 children under the age of 2 is starting to become less of a surreal shock and more of a reality to me.

Logistically, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how I am going to carry out the day-to-day activities/responsibilities of raising 3 babies.

Nevermind, the "Do I buy double everything" question?

Vehicle-

We are in the market for a new (rather new to us) car. I currently have a Nissan Xterra, and my husband has a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Great family cars, but not realistic for 3 carseats. The Jeep is paid off, so the Xterra is getting traded in.

Here comes the dreaded dilemma that no, young, hip, totally cool mother should ever have to face...minivan?

I cringe at the thought. We have been looking at Yukon Denali's, I just CAN NOT reconcile myself to the minivan. I CAN'T. Regardless of what car we end up getting, it's going to be hassle getting 3 babies into the car. There is really no "easy" way to do it. Which is my arguement for the Denali.

Sure, the Minivan sits lower to the ground, and has the automatic sliding doors, BUT, if it's going to be a pain-in-the-ass anyway, then I'd rather my painful ass be sitting in a super sweet tricked out Yukon Denali.

What do you guys think?

The other big question...STROLLER?

Strollers, are god-sends, and I absolutely need one for the kids.

If these babies come on their due dates, then LO and the twins will be 17 months apart. A 17 month old, still needs to be strolled.

I've been looking at the Joovy triple- I'll have to post the link later...It's a sit and stand. It has 2 seats (for the twins, which are also compatible with the carseats) and then the "stand" apparatus would be for LO.

Does anyone use a sit and stand??? I'm just wondering how practical it really is, can LO sit on the 'standing' part, if she doesn't want to stand anymore??

Then there's the triple jogger, which is great because it's 3 seats for all 3 kids, BUT I'm not sure if you can stroll a newborn in a jogger...do they have to be a certain weight, or able to hold their neck up or something???

It's all very confusing...if anyone has ANY suggestions, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment