Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday


Happy Birthday to my angel!

Juliette Rose turned 1 today, and I can't believe it! My little girl is officially not a baby anymore...as much as I used to shrug it off when people would tell me "The time flies by," I'll admit it...they were right.

All day, I've been misty-eyed and nostalgic, my husband was even sappy! My husband always stays up late doing work on the computer, and at 2 a.m. this morning he lovingly nudged me awake to let me know that exactly a year ago at that time, I had woke him up to let him know I was in labor.

Awwwww, how sweet, right? Although, I was completely incoherent and am pretty sure I just mumbled some undiscernable mumbo jumbo, it really was quite cute.

Sure enough, all day today I was (probably annoyingly so) reliving my labor and delivery story from a year ago....

Awww, it's 6 a.m. that's when we left to head for the hospital.

Ohhhh, yay it's 9:30 a.m. that's when mommy finally got her epidural...thank god!

It's noon, this is when mommy was sure you would be coming any second....(yeah, right)

Oh look it's 2:00, mommy just knew she would be pushing soon...

It's 4:00, mommy was pretty sure you were going to stay in her tummy FOREVER.

It's 5:15, that's when the Dr. decided it was time to do a C-section

It's 5:50 this is when mommy was getting wheeled into the OR

6:25 p.m. (excessive tears) this is when mommy heard you cry for the first time!


Perhaps the fact that I'm pregnant again, with hormones raging only added fuel to the flame of emotions I was feeling today, but I loved everything about this day a year ago, and this year, the day is equally etched in my mind.

My husband and I both went in to LO's room when she woke up, we burst in singing happy birthday! She was so cute bopping around to the tune, and so excited, eventhough she didn't know WHAT was going on, she knew SOMETHING important was happening.

We cuddled all morning, and she actually LET me cuddle her! She's showered with a million kisses everyday, but today she probably recieved 2 million. My favorite moment though, hands down, was just the three of us....mom, dad, and baby embracing eachother at 6:25 p.m. the exact time that sweet angel came into our lives 1 year ago.

It's been a special day for sure, now we look forward to the partay!

We're throwing her big 1 year old birthday bash this Saturday....so excited! It's ladybug themed, and I'm pretty pumped about the whole thing!

I leave you with pictures of Juliette devouring her birthday cupcake from tonight (yes, just a cupcake, her big cake is coming on Saturday)

Enjoy!











1 comment: