Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Too Smart For Your Own Good

We had biscuits this morning for breakfast! World's greatest intro...I know.

Me and LO enjoyed biscuits with butter and jam, and it was absolutely delicious! Of course I didn't get around to cleaning up my mess until LO went down for her morning nap.

I probably don't talk enough about my furry babies...that is, my dogs.

As much of my life they are a part of, they really deserve a blog just about them.

Oscar is my sweet boy...he is an english bulldog, he's 17 months old and 65 lbs., yes...65 lbs. He is truley a gentle giant, he loves to be loved and is a complete snuggle bug, which, as you can imagine, makes for some interesting situations due to his size. Oscar is my first true dog. I've always had dogs growing up, but they were family pets, not my pet. When I was about 5 months pregnant with LO, the hubs got me Oscar as a Valentine's Day present. He was 8 weeks old, and the cutest thing you have EVER laid your eyes on! He was my baby before my baby. I rocked him, sang to him, cuddled him, and loved, loved, loved on him every second of every day! We have such a connection, and he is the best boy in the world! He is protective of the baby, even to the point where he won't even let our other dog come near her sometimes. He lets her climb on him, pull his hair, ears, tongue, gouge his eyes, and has recently even become her own personal walker...(she holds on to his butt and as he walks she walks behind him, still holding on....so cute)! What I probably love the most though is that whenever I'm rocking the baby or singing to her, he is right by my side, listening...and yes sometimes he falls asleep to my singing also!

Lady is a Boston Terrier. She is about 6 years old, and to her, I am the other woman. My hubs already had Lady when we started dating. She is to him, as Oscar is to me. Except unlike Oscar, Lady is amazingly smart (sorry Oscar, you're still my favorite), Lady is deceptively, eerily smart. Basically too smart for her own good. I have a theory she was in deed a person in her former life. She understands EVERYTHING you tell her. I'm not just talking about commands either, not just "sit" "stay" "outside"-those are things all normal well-trained dogs understand. I'm not shitting you when I say, you can literally have a conversation with this dog, and she understands everything you are saying to her. I'm not crazy, it's the truth. I've met people who swear it's the breed, but there is just something about this dog that makes me sleep with one eye open.

Anyways, back to the biscuits...

So I'm cleaning up my mess, and notice there is 1 biscuit left. I do, what any good mother does, I open it up and give a half to each of my furry babies.




This little ham, devoured his half of the biscuit before it even left my hands....look at that face...an angel, right?

I gave Lady her half, and then went about my merry way, loading the dishwasher, cleaning the highchair, you know the drill.





10 minutes had to have passed...HAD TO, before I spotted Lady out of the corner of my eye...




what was in her mouth?
YES, that is the biscuit from 10 minutes ago. Why is it still in her mouth you ask? Because she is so paranoid about Oscar getting her half, she kept the biscuit in her mouth until she could find a spot in the house where she could eat in peace.

After about 5 more minutes of her not letting go of that biscuit, I let her outside and kept the big man inside. She finally enjoyed eating her biscuit once she was sure he wasn't able to bother her.

Did I say smart, or did I say smart?

No comments:

Post a Comment