Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Recipes and Easter Baskets

Easter was...

hectic

but, wonderful!

I'll do a bigger post on our Easter festivities tomorrow. I really want to pass these recipes on though...

My favorite Spinach and Artichoke Dip


I love this recipe, because this is a cold dip. Most of the time when you think of spinach and artichoke, you think of a hot dip, but this is totally delicious and totally easy to make!

This makes a pretty nice batch, plenty for a party....

2 bags frozen chopped spinach
2 cans artichoke hearts
3 red peppers
3 bunches of scallions
1.5 cups parmesean cheese
1/2- 1 cup mayo (depends on how much you want, I prefer 1/2 cup)

dice red peppers and cook until tender

drain artichokes and pull them apart

thaw spinach and drain excess liquid

cut scallions as small as you can

throw it all in a bowl with your cheese and mayo and voila! Refrigerate and serve!

it's seriously sooooo good!


The undisputed best French Toast

I made this Easter morning, and Oh. My. God.

This recipe rocks because you make it the night before, in the morning all you do is put it in the oven....EASY!

Loaf of french bread -1 in. thick
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup of milk

combine sugar and butter in pan and heat until it's the consistency of syrup
poor in a 9x13 pyrex pan
push the sliced bread into the mixture
combine eggs, milk, and vanilla and wisk
pour the eggs mixture over the bread that is on top of the syrup and refrigerate over night

Next morning heat oven to 350 and cook for 45 min. serve with powdered sugar, syrup, fresh fruit, whatever your heart desires...


So, last year, I was THAT mom. You know the one, who was out the night before Easter finding baskets and things to put in them.

This year I vowed, not me, no way!

So, I've been picking up things here and there for the last 2 months.....

Who went overboard???? That's the problem with thinking ahead....you tend to forget what you have already gotten.

I was a little concerned all of their stuff wouldn't fit...but alas

It all worked out!

Don't you love the dogs in the pictures! hahah

Everything I got was from Target with the exception of the books, which were Barnes and Nobles...I'm going to post my basket stuffers in my Easter post tomorrow for you guys....

until then, here's a picture of the big girl at the petting zoo that was set up at our local mall...


Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment