Wednesday, April 11, 2012

EASTER!!!!

So, as I said in my last post....our Easter weekend was full of A LOT of activity!

Saturday, we hit up my mom's Church Easter Egg Hung...

Isn't that hat hysterical!!! My mom got all the girls those bunny hats, the big girl was obsessed :)

That's my dad on the left....check out the basket FULL of eggs! The girls seriously cleaned up...the eggs were filled with candy, so we came home with all kinds of loot! That's me and my mom on the right....can you tell I'm oozing enthusiasm here?!?!

After the egg hunt, we headed to lunch, and then had some friends over for a cook out. It was fun, but in retrospect, I would have been MUCH better rested for all the responsibilities that involve hosting Easter dinner the next day if we hadn't cooked out the night before....sigh.

Remember my "steal" I got off amazon?? Well it was delivered Saturday....hello? That's super fast! I was hoping the hubster could get it put together and we could have it set out as an easter surprise, but apparently it's like 85 pieces ( I didn't see that mentioned in any of the reviews) so alas, it is still in the shed, waiting to be assembled.

Easter morning came, and the kids were so happy to see that the Easter Bunny came through!


All the girls got the same thing in their baskets, so here is a close up of the big girl's basket, so you can get an idea of what was in there (I'll have a break down at the end of the post)

Aren't the stuffed bunny's cute??? I know, I know....I could kick myself for bringing MORE stuffed animals into my house...they are seriously taking over, but they were too cute to pass up!



little bunnies!!!

Who's ready for the beach?? She wore this bathing suit all morning long!

I'm mad I didn't get any pictures of our food table, but I was so busy getting every thing together, it was insane.

In the insanity, we also forgot to take a family Easter picture (insert sad face)

Breakdown of Easter Basket Goodies-

The cute stuffed bunnies - Target $2.99 x 3 kids
Bathing Suits - Target $12.99 x 3
bunny ears- Target $1 bin x 3
sunglasses- Target $1 bin x 3
Pack of 3 butterfly glasses- Target $1 bin x 3
Peeps x 3
Goldfish x 3
bunny shaped sippy cups- Target I think they were 3.99 x 3
Easter plates- Target, I think they were 4.99 x 3
Neat light-up Egg shaped wands- Target 3.99 x 3

Books from Barnes and Noble-
Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs by Karen Katz - 7.99
Easter Bunny Touch and feel book by Roger Priddy -8.99
Baby loves Spring by Karen Katz-6.29
The Story of Easter by Patricia A. Pingry- 4.29
( I just divided the books, up, I didn't buy 3 of each, that would be crazy)!

We used our baskets from last year....
Grand Total approximately $125.00

Keep in mind these are things I've been picking up here and there for the past 2 months! That breaks down to about 40 bucks per kid.

I don't think I did too bad :)

Hope everyone had a great Easter! What did the Easter Bunny bring you????

No comments:

Post a Comment