Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Curve Ball

We are leaving for Cape Cod EARLY Thursday morning. So, I have been catching up on laundry, cleaning the house ( no one likes to come home from vacation to a dirty house) double and triple checking all of the baby stuff we need to pack and what happens?

Sick baby...that's what happens.

LO woke up around 2 a.m. this morning, which is unusual because she has been sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks now. She was inconsolable. Usually the pacifier helps her fall right to sleep, but it didn't work, so I rocked her, that didn't work either. So, I figured maybe she's going through a growth spurt, I'll feed her. LO takes 5 oz, and I usually burp her half way through the bottle and once she is finished. So half way through, I am patting her back and a HUGE burp comes out...along with the last 3 oz. of formula she just ate! Eww. I had to put new pj's on her, she would not take the rest of the bottle, so I just held her close and rocked her until she fell asleep. She woke up around 7 a.m., I of course prepare her bottle for her and begin feeding her...about 3 oz. in she spits the nipple out of her mouth and spews it all out!

What is going on! She then proceeds to have, hands down, the nastiest bowel movement EVER! Poop always stinks, but this stinky diaper was intense! I just took her temperature and it's 99.9.

I don't think it necessarily warrants a freak-out meltdown but I called the Dr. anyway....I'm waiting to hear back. I don't think an infant is considered to have a fever until their temp is over 100.4 BUT she's not keeping anything down, and it is EXTREMELY unusual for her not to want to eat.

Hopefully it's just a little stomach ache that will work its way out by the end of today. No sick babies are allowed on 11 hour car drives to the Cape. Obviously if LO is sick, we will postpone our trip OR not go at all ( which I wouldn't really mind....I'm dreading the 11 hour car ride).

So, I'm just hanging out and taking a break from the packing until I hear from the Doctor.
There is never a dull moment when there's a baby in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment