Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Cape

Plane, train, or car???

Well for our upcoming Cape Cod trip, the car has won out! OH originally wanted to take a plane, which I, of course, was against. I just didn't want to take the chance of hurting her ears, or having her scream the whole trip, which would inevitably mean EVERYONE on the flight would be giving me the evil eye...I don't need that kind of bad karma!

Anyways, I'm not sure if everyone remembers, but 2 airbus planes have crashed over the past month, soooo after that, the plane was DEFINITELY out of the picture. Then I had my heart set on a train. I mean, trains are so romantic aren't they?? They remind me of a Humphrey Bogart movie, minus the baby of course! At least on a train though, if LO is fussy we can get up and walk around with her. So what happened to the train idea? A train actually derailed in D.C.! I'm not a superstitous person, but c'mon...I'm considering taking a plane and 2 planes crash, I'm considering taking a train and a train derails...I'm definitely thinking someone is trying to tell me that the car is the better option. So, car it is! It's about a 10 hour drive, so our game plan is to leave Richmond around 3 a.m. LO will probably be up around then to eat anyway, so the plan is to feed her and then pack her up and get on the road, so hopefully we can get a good 4-5 hours on the road while she is hardcore sleeping! I think it sounds like a pretty good plan of attack, but we will find out for sure in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment