Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beach Baby

We just got back from the beach! First major trip since having the little one....the trip was surprisingly not bad at all, Nags Head is about a 3 hour trip from Richmond, Virginia and Juliette slept the whole time!!!!

We went to the beach for a family reunion, and the house was packed with uncles, aunts, and cousins and of course my parents as well. Everyone loved Juliette (naturally) :) It was nice to have so many people (mostly my aunts) fuss all over her, and although it was still a lot of work taking care of a 4 week old, I was able to lay out for a few hours everyday by myself while my dad or my mom or aunts watched her in the house. However, a mom never really gets a break, and being a new mother only makes me appreciate my own mom that much more! It's hard work, nevermind we literally packed the whole house up for the trip- play mat, swing, pack and play, blankets, swaddles, clothes, bath lotion, bouncy chair ( you get the idea) and eventhough it was a "vacation" that word no longer includes the option of "sleeping in" anymore.

I really shouldn't complain too much, she's only getting up once a night, usually around 3 or 4 a.m. and then she usually gets up around 7, not bad at all especially since she usually goes back down around 9 a.m. for a pretty good nap which gives me the chance to pass back out :)

The ride back was great as well- she slept! Our next big trip we have planned is going up to Cape Cod- the dilemma= how do we get there? It's about a 13 hour drive (yuck) so my wonderful other half wants to fly. I am totally against this idea...have you ever been on a plane with a screaming baby? NOT PLEASANT! So, I have suggested taking a train, it will still be a long trip but at least we can get up and walk around if the baby is fussy...other half is against the train idea, of course. Normally I wouldn't even bother making a trip like this with an infant, but other half's family lives in Cape Cod, so it's important for us to get up there...we will see whether car, train, or plane wins out!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, and your daughter is absolutely beautiful! (I found it on 20SB) Good luck getting to Cape Cod!

    ReplyDelete