Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Incredible Shrinking Woman?

So, I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant. I know, everyone says that, but I really did. I may or may not have gained about 53 lbs! ( please contain your shock)

Anyways, now that my baby is almost 5 weeks old, I am definitely ready to start getting this weight OFF. However, I haven't been able to work out at all because I had a c-section (so frustrating). I had my follow-up doctor's appointment and I'm happy to announce that I've already lost 20 lbs and that's without doing ANYTHING (besides labor) and my doctor gave me the go-ahead to start working out, but no heavy lifting of weights and crap like that. Who cares about weights, I'm more than happy to put my fat-ass on the treadmill or elliptical, anything to start getting the rest of the 33lbs OFF!!!

So, although it's only been 2 days, I'm 2 for 2 and totally proud of myself. I went to the gym yesterday and today, and have strictly been ONLY drinking water..no more sodas for me. I'm excited and really hope I can stick to a work out schedule (because let's face it, working out IS work, and I've never enjoyed it before)! I really hope I can get back to my pre-baby weight, I've never really been a big exerciser and never had to really watch what I ate, so I know this is going to be quite a challenge for me, but I'm up for it, and so help me god I will definitely be back in my bikini....at least by NEXT summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment