Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Mom Tip

DON'T MOVE THE DIAPER

Changing a baby's diaper can be hard enough, and it's almost impossible to keep control of their "frog legs". The best advice ever though, don't move the diaper! I've made the mistake, it already seems like a million times, I take off the dirty diaper and throw it in the diaper genie and before I unfold the clean diaper and put it under my baby she has gone to the bathroom all over the changing pad and all over herself! My solution, I have the clean diaper unfolded and ready to go before I even undo the dirty diaper. I leave the dirty diaper under my baby while I wipe her down, once she's clean, I move the dirty diaper to the side and immediately put the clean diaper on her, THEN I close up the dirty diaper and toss it! That way if she goes, she goes in the clean diaper. I never would have thought, I would have to put so much thought into how to change a diaper!

1 comment:

  1. My friend is a new daddy to a little girl. Yesterday he emailed me to say he had taken her diaper off and gone to put it in the bin, by the time he got round to picking her up and putting her on the table, she had pooped on him.
    It made me giggle. Congrats on the gorgeous baby girl!
    Mia x

    ReplyDelete