Wednesday, February 29, 2012

p90x

So my little brother is kind of a work-out junkie.

Me, not so much.

I love to run, and try to get a good run, in every few days. I've been doing much better since we recently joined the YMCA, because they have child watch.

The kids LOVE it! I get to take them and drop them off for an hour of fun, and I get a guilt-free workout...winning!

My brother has been hounding me to try P90x, ever heard of it? Check it out here. I'm sure you've seen the informercials. He completed it once and now he is doing it again!

I figured....why not? It's a 90 day program ,hence the "90" in the P"90" x! So, that's kind of a big commitment to find time to workout everyday for 90 days while keeping on top of my VERY active little girls.

I'm on Day 4, and I am SO proud of myself :)

It's definitely a challenge, and really hard, but I knew after Day 1, I was going to try my best to stick with it!

As most of you know I've had 2 c-sections. I also stretched beyond the point of no return with the twins, you can check out a pic of me under the about me tab.

My ultimate goal was to hit the weight I was before I got pregnant with my oldest ,which I've done..yay for me.

However, while I'm happy with the number on the scale, things haven't quite fallen back in to their proper place, if you know what I'm saying.

My stomach is a problem for me. I mean not a problem where I think I need a tummy tuck, but it's a problem as in, I just don't like the way it looks.

When you have a c-section, the Dr. obviously has to cut through all of your stomach muscles to open you up. Basically, you have to completely re-build your stomach muscles and core strength from scratch. Given the fact that I had 2 c-sections 16 months apart from each other, and add in that the little muscle tone I did have, broke open in order for my stomach to stretch enough to accomodate the twins....you can imagine the lack of muscle tone I have now.

Basically, the workouts I've been doing have been great for tightening up my upper abdomen, but my lower abs, that area right around your belt line, is basically a saggy untoned mess.

My lack of muscle tone in lower abs is so bad, I can't even suck in my stomach, my muscles are basically shot.

So, I can honestly say, I have not "felt" my lower abdominal muscles since before I became pregnant with my oldest.

That is, until Sunday!

Sunday, I began P90x. The next morning, I could barely sit up, because (gasp) my lower abdomen was sore!

What does that mean? That means, I actually worked the hell out of those almost non-existant muscles!!!!!

I am beyond ecstatic. For the first time in awhile, I actually have hope, that I might be able to tighten up my once thought beyond-hope tummy :)

I'm one of those weird people that actually enjoy being sore. I know, I know....I like knowing and feeling that I've gotten a good workout. So, I loved that after Day 1, I could "feel" every muscle in my body.

I feel amazing, and even after only 3 days, it's crazy, I feel stronger.

I'll let you know how the rest of my journey goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment