Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nawlins!

Heading to New Orleans tomorrow! eeeek!

A bunch of college girlfriends are re-uniting this weekend in the Big Easy for the Bachelorette Party of the Century!

Our friend Crystal is getting hitched, and all I can say is THANK GOD! It's hard being part of the few of your group of friends that are married, so I'm happy to have company. If she could pop out some babies really soon, that would be amazing also :)

We are flying out of D.C. which is about a 2-hour trek from Richmond, so a handful of us are heading to D.C. for the night, so we can be at the airport bright and early!

I'm not a big flyer...I don't get scared to fly, I'm just not a frequent flyer. We aren't checking any luggage, and I am far from a "packing" pro. So, needless to say, it's been a challenge to pack all of my necessities according to FAA regulations (you know all that 3 ounce liquid restriction crap).

This weekend, "divide and conquer" is the name of the game!

I'll be in New Orleans, the twins are spending the weekend with my parents and the Hubs is going to spend the weekend giving the Big Girl some much needed one-on-one attention.

About a month ago, the hubs went on a guys trip, and I was able to have a one-on-one weekend with the Big Girl, and it was AMAZING!

We had so much fun, just playing, and being silly. It was so great for her to not have to hear "hold on sweetie, we can play after I finish feeding the babies" or " I'll read you that book, once I get the babies to sleep".

She is so patient, and it's easy to forget that HER life changed just as much, if not more, than ours when we brought twins home!

I know the twins will have a blast at their grandparent's, I think they are seriously getting sick of seeing my face everyday..the change of scenery alone will do them great!

Well, wish me luck! Follow me on Twitter, I'm sure I'll be updating all of our shenanigans this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment