Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back to the grind...


I hope everyone else's Holiday Season was as memorable and special as ours!

As a young family, we are still figuring out our own traditions, and as a mom I am trying to come up with fun ways to make the season feel as magical for my children as my mom made it feel for me!

Believe it or not, this was the FIRST Christmas morning I woke up in my own home, not my parent's!

Yes, even last Christmas, when we were just a family of three, me, the hubs, and BG packed up and headed to my parents for Christmas Eve, spent the night and woke up the next morning to Santa's surprises!

This year though, with our now huge family, it was time to stay at our home. I was worried I would be sad, or that it wouldn't feel much like Christmas, but I was so wrong!

We still headed to my parents house Christmas Eve for all the yummy food and to see aunts and uncles and my grandmother. But we headed home around 8, put all the girls to sleep and me and the hubs waited up for Santa!

Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when you are a parent! I still couldn't sleep a wink all night, because I was so excited to see the Big Girl's face when she saw all of her presents!

This year, we kept with some of our old traditions, like Christmas cookie making and decorating, and the Christmas Eve gathering at my parent's house, but this year we also started a few of our own traditions!



Christmas Eve presents!!! Last year, I started out giving BG special Christmas PJ's to wear Christmas Eve. We kept with that tradition this year, but also added ornaments! I LOVE this idea! Every Christmas Eve, the girls will get their Christmas PJ's and an ornament. When they are older and have their own homes and families, all the ornaments they received through the years will go with them.


These are their ornaments this year! Last year, BG got a skiing hippo ornament because her lovey that she sleeps with every night is a hippo. This year she got the mickey mouse because she is OBSESSED with Mickey Mouse! Tinkerbelle belongs to Annabelle because we tend to call her tink from time to time, and the care bear is Gabby Girl's because her lovey is a bear!


Santa Came! Santa doesn't wrap at our house!


Christmas PJ's for the twins...pretty darn cute huh?


3 kids under the age of 2! Quite a hectic, but PERFECT Christmas Day!


It's a Christmas Miracle!! An amazing picture of ALL 3 girls :) I got this gem, Christmas morning! The girls are hanging out in my bed, while dad made sure that Santa had come!


the Big Girl got a guitar, and she loves it, and played it all day. I'm thinking, the next Taylor Swift??



Dad broke his guitar out as well...if we could get the twins some bells, and if I could carry a tune, we'd be the new Partridge Family!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment