Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This is my life

My husband innocently enough, pulled out a box of brownie mix from our pantry the other day. He said he was "craving brownies".


I knew nothing good could come from that box of brownie mix. Nothing.

Being a good wife, with only thoughts of how I wanted to make my wonderful husband happy, I decided to make the brownies.

Here is the major difference between my husband and I....

I am obsessed with chocolate, My husband likes chocolate.

To me, "I'm craving brownies" really means, "I could eat that whole box of brownies".

To him, "I'm craving brownies" really means, " I would really love to have 'a' brownie".

I have zero self-control when it comes to food that is inevitably "bad" for me.

My husband, is a poster-child for self-control.


Are you starting to see the problem????

So, sure enough, I make the brownies. We each have one brownie...delicious. (I may or may not have ate some of the batter also).

Lucky for me, I was exhausted. So after my one brownie I head to bed, because sleep to a pregnant person is a comodity.

Morning comes, and there is still a tray full of brownies. Damnit.

I have one for breakfast (don't judge). My darling husband doesn't even look twice at the tray...can't he hear those brownies calling out??? They are literally speaking to me, why not him? Not fair.

My only escape is the fact that I have an OB appointment. Of course I come home, and there is still a tray of brownies, minus one that my mom ate while she was watching LO :)

I don't know how many brownies are actually left ( I didn't want to count because I knew what the end game was going to be) but it was enough.

The rest of the day was a struggle, until I finally came up with the perfect idea!

The temptation was just too much. I should just eat the rest of the brownies, then the temptation would be completely gone and I won't have to think about those brownies anymore!!!!


So I did.

I ate them all. ALL.

Shockingly, I still felt pretty good about myself afterwards, I didn't have any sort of immediate guilt or shame for eating an entire box of brownies (minus 2) that is, until I wrote this post....




1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Way to go! Own it girl! At least you're eating for two. I would've eaten the who pan regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete