Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

Hope everyone rung-in the new year safely and happily! I can't believe it is 2010! 2009 flew by way too fast! What is this decade anyway??? The "tens"?

Anyways I now this time of year is inevitably filled with people making resolutions (that they probably won't keep) so I figured I'd make a list for myself...I'm not naive, if I actually "do" half of what I am aspiring to, I will be one happy woman!!! But for the sake of tradition, I'll make a "go" at it!

RESOLUTIONS

Take more pictures- Now that I have my awesome new camera, I really have no excuse anymore! I love pictures, I love looking at them and wish my parent's had taken more of me and my brothers when we were growing up. So, I'd really like to be that obnoxious parent that ALWAYS has the camera around her neck, my daughter will be embarrassed by me for most of her life, but eventually she will thank me!

Blog more- I really want to be a better blogger! Sometimes it is hard to fit it in with a crazy baby, crazy husband, crazy dogs, crazy house, and all that jazz! But, I really do love my time with my laptop, blogging about my life...it's one of the few "me" things, I get to do.

Cook Dinner- I'm shocked I am even typing this right now! My husband is the chef-extraordinaire in our house, but I would like to help out a little more. I like cooking when I have a game plan, so I'd really like to cook, erm...learn to cook. I'm not talking about my typical re-heat the frozen food type of cooking, but REAL cooking. It's probably not a good sign when I'm already hearing the voice in my head saying "yeaaaah riiight" as I am typing this!

Stay Healthy/Lose Weight- Isn't this something every woman who has just had a baby wants to do! I've gotten into running (oddly enough) and I really want to keep it up! If I can get time to myself to run at least one day a week I would be happy!

Be more Organized- I have the perfect opportunity to leave my cluttery, dirty ways behind me! We are moving to a new house at the end of January, so it's the perfect time for me to get organized and make sure EVERYTHING has a place in the new house!

Keep my cool- My reaction to things...well, mainly people have been a little off the charts this past year. I don't know if people around me have just been pissing me off more than usual, or if I am just no longer putting up with people as well as I used to be able to. I've been blaming it on hormones, which in all honesty probably were the original culprit. Although more often than not, when I do erupt it is usually warranted but I would like to keep my cool and let things roll off my back a little more easily.

Go to Church- I've never really been a faithful church goer, but I'd like to be. Especially now with LO. When she was christened, I really was moved by the beauty of the service. I went to Mass today, so yay for me! I just have to try to keep it up!

Be a better friend- All the mama's out there know how this one goes! It's hard with a new baby, to juggle time in your life to even take a shower, much less call your single friends back, or plan a girls night. I have some of the best friends a girl can have, they are all super understanding and by the time I do get around to calling everyone back, it's like we haven't missed a beat! I really want to make more time for my friends though and see them more frequently.

Be a Super Mom- Not to toot my horn, but I think I am a really good mom! I would like to be a SUPER MOM though! You know, the mom who seems to have time for everything! Time for her children, time to clean the house, time for her husband, time to cook dinner and all while looking fabulous!


Well, there's my list, not too long, and I think it's pretty realistic! I guess we will just have to wait and see what this new year throws my way!


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous resolutions! I particularly like "Take more pictures" and "Blog more" :)

    Just stopping in from the 20sb "We Love Comments" site :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete