Friday, September 17, 2010

Where have I been???

Where have I been???

Having Babies!!!!!


September 7, 2010 I started having contractions around 10 a.m., nothing too dramatic or painful, just a tightening in my stomach, I started timing them around noon and by 3:00 my doctor told me to come to the office. Naturally, I hadn't dialated at all, but my Dr. sent me to labor and delivery to get hooked up to the machines to measure exactly what was going on.

As soon as I got hooked up, my contractions started to get painful, and were about 3-4 mins. apart. By 8 p.m. I had dialated 2 cm. and by 9:15 I was getting wheeled into the OR.

At 9:45 pm. Gabrielle Marie came into the world, weighing 5 lbs. 12 oz.

At 9:46 pm. Annabelle Grace came into the world, weighing 3 lbs. 14 oz.

Neither one had any breathing issues, thank god, both came out screaming and pink, and with LOTS of hair (that explains why I had to live off of tums the last month). Annabelle had to stay in the NICU because of her weight, while her sister was able to go to the regular nursery.

It was so hard having Annabelle in the NICU, no parent wants to be there. The nurses were amazing though, and I must say, if Annabelle had to be there, being there for weight was was the ideal reason. There were all kinds of babies, much worse off than her, and some babies born as early as 25 weeks!!! I have a new-found appreciation for the miracle of life, and the strength and resiliency of tiny babies, after our time in the NICU.

Annabelle ended up having to stay in the NICU for 8 days, but we were able to bring her home and re-unite her with her sister on Wednesday! All the girls are home now, and doing amazing!

Ohhh, and they ARE identical! Bring on the matching outfits!!!

Pictures below! I'll be sure to add more recent ones soon!



Gabrielle!


Annabelle in the NICU, the wires are just heart monitors, nothing too serious!


The first time holding BOTH of my girls! Best Moment Ever!!!



Our Family! Mom, Dad, Big Sister Juliette, and Twins Gabrielle and Annabelle!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. The are breathtakingly adorable! Good job you guys!!! So precious. Sweet names. Congratulations to your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete