Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hater

So did anyone watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics last night?

Did anyone see the preview of the "We are the World" re-make?

Is it just me or did anyone else think that shit was totally wack?

My husband says I've been in a particulary "hateful" mood recently (I'm blaming the hormones) but I do admit, I have been hating hard core on that re-make. I like the idea behind it, helping Haiti, but I think the artists got in the way of the message (as they usually do).

I don't know what it was about it, maybe it wouldn't have been that bad if they hadn't shown the people actually singing. I mean, they were all making faces like they were constipated, and what the hell was Jeff Bridges doing in there? Isn't he an actor, I know he plays a singer in his movie that is out right now, but does that really qualify him to be a part of this gig? Honestly I think what ruined it for me, was Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. I don't care what anyone says, I just don't get them. I won't lie, I've jammed to Miley's "party in the USA" but only under the invisible shield of my car where no one can see me, except my daughter and she's too young to tell. The Jonas Brothers though? Really? I'm finding a hard time thinking of anything or anyone that annoys me quite as much as those kids....

I don't know, just getting my feelings out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment