Friday, February 19, 2010

Ew.

Pregnancy hormones suck. I was never sick when I was prego with LO, but I've been getting waves of nausea off and on for the past week with this pregnancy.

This morning was the absolute worse.

I get up with the baby, head downstairs to make her bottle and OF COURSE the sink is filled with dirty bottles (which still have formula in them) from the day before which my husband (who offered to clean them out) never cleaned.. Shocker.

So, I of course go ahead and begin cleaning the bottles. I turn on the hot water and begin dumping the bottles out. 2 bottles in, and I was done. The smell of the warm water mixing with the old formula made me heave. Once the heaving began, it was all over. I got sick all in the sink and ALL over the bottles I was in the middle of cleaning. EW.

So disgusting.

My daughter drinks out of the Dr. Browns Bottles, but thank god I still had my platex bottles with extra drop ins, because needless to say, I was NOT going to let her drink from the Brown's bottles. I've ran those things through the washing machine 3x today, and I'm still iffy about using them tomorrow.

Hopefully this sensitivity to smell, won't cause me to heave my brains all the time. I mean I'm the mother of a 9 month old I'm sure I'm going to be encountering many worse smells than warm old formula (I just gagged as I wrote that).

Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. oh no, the worst! I look forward to getting pregnant but not that part..

    ReplyDelete