Sunday, November 6, 2011

Giving it a fair shake

Well, the halloween decorations have been boxed up and stored away for next year!

It literally took everything I had, not to put up my Christmas decorations!

I just LOVE Christmas!!!

Once Halloween is over, it's officially Christmas season. However, with the hustle and bustle of Christmas cheer, many of us tend to overlook Thanksgiving.

Don't get me wrong, Thanksgiving is an awesome holiday as well :) Mainly because I don't have to cook the whole dinner, I just get to pack my little family up and head over to my grandmother's house to enjoy all of her hard work! ha!

Seriously though, I love Thanksgiving, and I often feel bad for it, because it doesn't get a fair shake.

So, in order to give this "thankful" holiday a chance to be enjoyed and not just overlooked, I high-tailed it to Michael's craft store to get some decorations.

Insert lonely bird chirp here.

It was jammed full of Christmas trees, lights, wreaths, candy canes...I mean, can a girl find some pilgrims and turkeys anywhere???!!!

After some searching, I eventually found some appropriate Thanksgiving decorations, there were slim-pickings, but fortunately they were 60% off!!! Awesome, although then I felt bad, because I know Christmas deco would never get treated like that, the only time Christmas deco is 60% off is when Christmas is OVER!

Poor, Thanksgiving!

So, I've decorated my house with ceramic gourds, those "harvest-looking" people and lots of fake fall leaves....Thanksgiving, you WILL be appreciated this year!!!!

I have to admit, I am enjoying the new decorations, perhaps not quite as much as my garland, stockings, and christmas lights, but it is nice to celebrate and enjoy one holiday at a time.

So, I'm enjoying my Thanksgiving decorations, while surfing the web, finding the perfect Christmas Cards to send out this year!

I mean, I'm still allowed to enjoy the anticipation of Christmas, right??!


No comments:

Post a Comment