Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ears

So, LO has her first ear infection...and it's a double ear infection at that! We took her to the Dr. Monday because she's had this awful cough recently. I was concerned about RSV or bronchitis or something like that, so I almost fell in the floor when the Dr. said it was a double ear infection!!!

I never would have known...she hasn't had a fever, and hasn't been pulling on her ears or anything like that! I'm so glad I took her in when I did because she said the poor baby's ears looked really irritated :(

Now, she is on amoxycillin (the pink stuff), numbing ear drops and infant tylenol. It's amazing how much better she feels just by having medicine in her system! I have to admit the tylenol makes me nervous though, you always hear stories about children having problems with acetaminophine, so I try to tread with caution. I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference but the Dr. said to give her a dropper every 4-6 hours, soooo I give it to her every 6 hours. I don't know, like I said it may not matter but I figure waiting a little longer may be safer?? Does anyone else freak out about medication when it comes to babies??

No comments:

Post a Comment